Here’s a little bit of information on Parnell:
Charles Stewart Parnell was born into a “Big House”, in Avondale, CO. Wicklow. He was the son of a landlord and then became one himself.
Here’s a little bit of information on Davitt:
Davitt was born in 1846 in Straide, CO. Mayo. Micheal Davitt worked his whole life for the right of Irish farmers to own land they worked and for Ireland to be governed by the people of Ireland.
- Free Sale
- Fair Rent
- Fixity of Tenure
Facts about the Home Rule Movement
- In 1801 the Act of Union took away Irelands parliment and this gave full power to Ireland over England
- Is 1873 the Home Rule League was set up
- Isaac Butt was the leader of the Home Rule League’s leader
- In 1880 Parnell was elected as leader of Home Rule League
- After Parnell was elected the party became more organised and Irish independence was eventually secured in 1921.